Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bratmobile

Lately I've been researching everything I can find about riot grrl, and in doing so I think I may have found my new obsession: Bratmobile.




I originally found them through the PC exploration game "gone home" which came out sometime last year, as their music is featured in the game through the cassettes you find around the house (more on gome home another day, kids!). I strayed from them for a while - far too long, my hindsight tells me - and found them again when I researched the riot grrl movement for an essay for school (HECK YES). I never finished the essay, but I found bratmobile again, so I'm pretty content.

They've got 3 studio albums, all of which were released as both CDs and as vinyl LPs, so, ya know. I gotta get my hands on those bad boys, naturally. I recently got a record player, so I've been collecting basically any good record in decent condition that I can get my hands on, but I seriously need to expand my collection to include albums with a more punk sound.

The song by bratmobile that I can't stop listening to? Cool schmool.

"I can bake a pie and look you up and down, I can throw your heart right outta this town!"


Girls, get out there and listen to some rad riot grrl music. Thenw hen you're done, get out there and kick some ass!

1 comment:

  1. You probably have already heard of these artists, but if not you'd probably like Sleigh Bells and The Julie Ruin!

    Maybe The Runaways as well; they're not punk, but they were the first all-girl rock and roll band :)

    ReplyDelete