Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Bold

Today's the day: I'm going to compile all of my best poems into an anthology. Some might be from like 2 years ago, some might be from this morning. I'm just picking the ones that I like. My goal is to create multiple copies and start selling self-published poetry anthologies for some extra money, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen yet. I'm thinking of repurposing composition notebooks, because the aesthetic I'm trying to go for is kind of like.. Classic 90s teen movie,  angsty poetry scrawled out on scraps of paper and back-sides of worksheets. Not to say that's what my poetry is, but that's the kind of look I want the anthologies to have. So might just literally paste them into composition books. It kind of also makes them unique, and it's cheaper so the profits would be higher. But I don't really want to talk business.

It's kind of nerve-wracking, doing this. Because, if I do, I'll be officially putting myself out there to have my work read and criticized. And,a s exciting as that is, it's also fucking terrifying. But I really feel like this is something I need to do.

What's that phrase? go boldly in the direction of your dreams? I think I've seen it on posters in middle school classrooms or something. But, I guess that's what I'm trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment